There are many preventative measures that a client can do to their home to help prevent water damage claims.
- Downspouts connected to weeping tiles are disconnected and are extended 6 feet or more away from the house.
- The sump pump discharge pipe extends more than 6 feet from the house.
- A water proof membrane is applied under the roof shingles.
- Lawn graded to drain water away from all exterior walls.
- Install a tank-less hot water heater on a exterior wall.
- Install a rain barrel on exterior downspouts.
- Replace rubber hoses connected to household appliances with steel braided varieties.
Be Safe, Avoid Floods!